Bulletproof Coffee is a rich, creamy coffee drink filled with healthy fats. This Keto drink (sometimes called butter coffee) is made with coffee, grass-fed butter, and MCT oil. “Bullet Coffee” has many added health benefits that you don’t get from regular black coffee. This recipe is popular in the keto and paleo communities, and is said to help with weight loss. Learn how to make bulletproof coffee and make this your new morning fuel.
Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
Bullet coffee is a creamy, delicious drink that will fuel you with energy. Whether you’re looking for keto coffee or just something new to start your mornings, this drink is for you!
This recipe is so easy to make and it is SO GOOD. Essentially, it is fresh brewed coffee blended together with unsalted, grass-fed butter and MCT oil.
There are a lot of great things about this butter coffee recipe: it’s keto-friendly, it gives you a steady boost of energy without the typical caffeine crash, it’s filled with healthy fats, and it will stop those hunger pains that are common after drinking a cup of coffee.
Benefits of starting your day with Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
There are a lot of benefits to this drink over other types of coffee, especially for those following a paleo or keto diet. Many people swear by the health benefits of making coffee with butter.
- Coffee usually gives you a caffeine buzz in the beginning, but can also lead to a crash later on. This recipe will give you a longer, steadier boost of energy.
- Healthy fats from butter & MCT oil help to stop food cravings that often happen when drinking coffee. So theoretically it could help you lose weight.
- Without getting too scientific, MCTs are saturated fatty acids that are easier to digest than other types of fat, so it is great for digestion.
- Generally, the MCT oil in bulletproof coffee will help you feel full & satisfied, will give you more energy, and give you a clear, focused mind.
What is MCT Oil and what are the benefits?
MCT stands for medium chain triglycerides or medium chain fatty acids. This type of fat is most often derived from coconut oil or palm oil.
MCT oil is colorless, odorless, and stays liquid at room temperature, which makes it perfect for blending into drinks, smoothies, and other recipes. It’s great for added energy and a sharper brain! Other benefits of MCT oil include:
- Suppresses hunger
- Provides quick/clean energy
- Can help you lose unwanted fat
- Supports immune health
What makes this coffee recipe Keto Friendly?
Those following a ketogenic diet focus on high-fat, low-carb. So keto coffee generally refers to any coffee that is keto-friendly, i.e. a recipe that contains healthy fats and no sugars.
Drinking black coffee is fine on this diet, but adding healthy fats, as in this bulletproof coffee recipe, makes it a better option than regular coffee.
Coffee with butter might sound strange at first, but it’s not as crazy as it sounds! Adding a pat of butter to your coffee can add a good dose of healthy fat to your diet first thing in the mornings, especially if you usually drink coffee on an empty stomach.
This helps give you energy so that you don’t end up with a caffeine crash. Butter also makes your coffee super creamy, like the best latte.
- ▢12 ounces Bulletproof Brewed Coffee hot
- ▢2 tablespoons Ghee (or unsalted butter)
- ▢1 tablespoon MCT oil
- ▢1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until fully combined and smooth.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!